Videos are a great way to represent your organization’s work, to show you make a difference, to promote a message or action that relates to your mission, etc. But just uploading a video isn’t enough to attract an audience. Also, your time is precious – it takes a lot of work to produce and upload a video, so shouldn’t that work get a payoff with a lot of views with potential supporters, current clients, and others you want to reach?
Getting More Viewers for Your Organization’s Online Videos is a new page on my site that offers specific steps that will get more views for a nonprofit, NGO, charity, school or government agency’s videos on YouTube. Note that many of these tasks would be great for an online volunteer to undertake, with guidance from an appropriate staff member.
Also… have a look at my YouTube channel. There are dog videos!
- Lessons for online outreach to nonprofits, NGOs & charities
- Re-creating offline excitement & a human touch online
- Basic Web Development & Maintenance for Nonprofits, NGOs, Government Offices & Other Mission-Based Organizations
- Using social media to promote respect, tolerance, reconciliation?
- The awesome power of tweet tags
- The importance of Twitter lists
- How do international NGOs use Twitter?
- Why I won’t follow you on Twitter
- Relationships take time, even via social media