TechSoup webinar on how your web site can welcome EVERYONE
August 24, 2017 (Thursday), 11 am to noon Pacific Daylight Time
Join experts from Knowbility to learn how accessibility will expand your pool of potential clients, donors, volunteers, staff and other supporters, the message your organization sends when it commits to accessible web site and multi-media materials, and, no-cost practical tips on how you can immediately improve your website’s accessibility. This webinar will help your nonprofit, school, church, or library ensure that its website, podcasts and videos are accessible to anyone who visits such, including people with disabilities and people using assistive technologies.
- Why online accessibility is critical and how to become an advocate for such within your organization
- Steps for simple, immediate, no-cost activities you can do to improve your web site accessibility
- Resources to help tech staff and volunteers make your site fully accessible, adhering to federal requirements
- Information about OpenAIR – Accessibility Internet Rally
- accessibility, diversity & virtual volunteering
- People with disabilities & virtual volunteering
- Research Explaining How Websites Encourage Volunteering & Philanthropy
- Universal accessibility in tourism! World Tourism Day theme 2016
- Tech & communications jargon versus reality
- Who Takes the Lead on Exploration of Tech at a Mission-Based Org?
- Advice for hackathons / one-day tech events looking for projects to hack
- Pioneering in “hacks for good”: Knowbility